Friday, December 31, 2010

Christmas in CT #5: Christmas Walk

I promise, this is my last Christmas post. I wanted to make sure I got it all down!

After eating and opening and laughing and yelling some of us decided to walk down to Branford Point -- the beach that's less than a mile from my Grandma's house. It was gray and cold and windy but it was so pretty. I always forget how beautiful the trees and sky are in the winter in New England. It's something I really miss.

IMG_0408

IMG_0412

IMG_0415

IMG_0418

A look down the Branford River.
IMG_0421

IMG_0434
Yes my friends, that is the Atlantic Ocean. Smooth as glass. Okay, technically it's Long Island Sound. See how there are no waves. Like NO waves. At all. Now do wonder why I'm just a little overwhelmed at the ocean out here and the waves? This is what I grew up with people!

IMG_0444
My cousin Tami and her dog McDuff.

IMG_0453
Uncle Paul!

IMG_0461

And the whole group! (minus me)
IMG_0465

I miss the Connecticut shoreline a lot. Rocky and pretty with lots of islands and fisherman. I do not miss the bitter cold though. All I can say is WOW.

No comments: