Friday, December 31, 2010

Christmas in CT #3: Christmas Morning

I think Mattie Rose was the first one to wake up. Since every single floor board in my parents' house creaks I heard her and followed her downstairs! She was beyond shocked at all the presents lined up on the couch and under the tree. It didn't take long for everyone else to mosey downstairs so the present unwrapping could begin!

IMG_0282
Lia wearing her jammies from left by the elves on the bushes at my mom's house. All the kids got Christmas jammies to wear on Christmas Eve. She blends in pretty well with Santa's wrapping paper, too.

IMG_0321

IMG_0329
I think he's opening his Star Wars movie here. Tyler and I caved and convinced Santa that it was okay for him to watch.

IMG_0304

IMG_0305

IMG_0314
Max got SO many presents! He got a periscope and other explorer toys, movies, blocks, clothes, a CAL football helmet that he specifically asked for from Santa (came with a jersey and pants, too) and an Ironman costume, too.

IMG_0337

IMG_0312
Lia was kind of hard to shop for this year. Especially since her birthday is a lot closer to Christmas than I realized. She got some fun new Melissa and Doug food toys, princess dress up shoes and clothes, dolls, movies, shoes -- tons of stuff! We had to ship 3 big boxes home plus fill a duffle bag with all their toys.

IMG_0334

Mattie Rose got something I've always wanted, my whole life, and never got (I'm just a bit jealous). She got an American Girl doll! And she was beyond excited. She got lots of outfits and shoes and a few other accessories to go with it. She named her doll Lucyanna (no idea where she came up with that).

IMG_0287

IMG_0289

IMG_0294

IMG_0297

IMG_0300

Danielle and Mattie got matching Yankees shirts. Apparently, despite Bob being a huge Red Sox fan, Mattie is a Yankees fan. Smart girl.

IMG_0340

After we opened presents we had a great breakfast of homemade french toast casserole and got ready for the drive down to Branford to spend the day at my Grandma's house (Grandma With the White Hair).

No comments: