Friday, December 31, 2010

Christmas in CT #4: Christmas Day

We spent Christmas day at Grandma With the White Hair's house (my grandma). Almost the whole family was there (we were missing Dan and Miki and their boys, the other California cousins). Tyler and I hadn't been back for Christmas in 7 years (the first Christmas we were married) so it was awesome getting to spend it this year with my crazy family. Lots of yelling, laughing, eating and lounging.

IMG_0343
Uncle Paul and my cousins Stephanie and Kimberly.

IMG_0349
My mom imparting some kind of gravy wisdom to my uncle.

IMG_0352
At this point both of our kids were slightly over-whelmed, tired and cranky. I think all the people and all the excitement kind of freaks them out. They are used to getting up, spending the day with me just the 2 or 3 of us and hanging out at home. Sadly our kids make lousy travelers.

IMG_0342

IMG_0358

IMG_0361

IMG_0367

And of course no Christmas would be complete without the poppers and the crowns and the jokes and the yelling between my Uncle Pete and his wife Carol. The food was delicious, too!

IMG_0368

IMG_0371

IMG_0375

IMG_0376

My cute old grandma. She's seriously the healthiest one in the whole family and she's 88.
IMG_0377

IMG_0380
We all had a good laugh at Carol trying to read the jokes from the poppers.

IMG_0381

 IMG_0383

We FINALLY opened presents! And of course our kids were once again spoiled beyond reason with toys and clothes. (Oh, and I forgot to mention the FlipVideo camera my dad got for me and Tyler. It's AWESOME!!!!)

IMG_0386

IMG_0389

IMG_0391

IMG_0393
Some of us decided to get a full day's use out of our crowns.

IMG_0396

IMG_0400

IMG_0406

The kids were exhausted and had a fabulous Christmas thanks to everyone!

No comments: