Friday, December 8, 2006

Four Month Check-Up


So Maddox had his four month check up yesterday. It came complete with shots and everything. We found out that he is in the 50% for height and weight (so pretty much perfect). He's 14lbs 11oz. He feels a lot fatter to me, but whatever, I guess the scale doesn't lie. We also got the go ahead for solid foods. Yay!! I'm so excited!! I'm hoping with the introduction of the solids there will also come the introduction of the sleeping through the night. I'll keep you posted. The doctor also said he's growing and thriving and looks wonderful which is good news for a mother to hear.

We also got some not so great news. The doctor reevaluated Max's head and said that it hadn't improved as much as he would have liked. It's still pretty flat on one side and he has what is called Plagiocephaly. We have an appointment next Friday to find out what kind of treatment he needs. He might have to wear one of those helmets. How sad!! His poor little head.

Also, the doctors said that he may have an abnormal closure of his spinal tube at the base of his spine. There is (now don't laugh) a little hairy spot above his butt crack and apparently that can be a sign of some underlying problem with the spinal cord. (Believe me, I had the hardest time not cracking up in the doctor's office as Dr. _____ was saying "Hmm... that hairy butt spot is a little area of concern...") Anyway, he has to go in for an MRI in January to make sure everything is okay. I'm sure it is. They are concerned about his growth in the future and how it would affect the nerves in his lower extremities if there is a problem. I'm not that worried. I think he just comes from a long line of hairy butts (I'll let you guess which side of the family).

Also, our pediatrician kept calling his little peenie weenie a "willy". I found that slightly inappropriate but highly hilarious (and again, I had to bite my tongue so as not to bust up laughing in the office which could have led to me wetting my pants which is NEVER good).

Anyway, I'll keep you updated on the results of his head consultation and the MRI.

2 comments:

tawni said...

That was a funny story. Max is in a great %ile...Sofia is 10% for weight and 50% for height. Hmmm...can anyone say victoria secret model?!?!Glad to hear that everything is well!

Suzanne's Michael said...

Although I am also sure that all will be well please keep us posted! Your baby appears to be doing a fab job! His parents too!