Monday, December 18, 2006

Festival of Lights -- Christmas Style (Is that offensive?)

This year at the Mesa Apartments they are holding a holiday balcony decorating contest. They are giving 1st, 2nd and 3rd prizes in the form of rent credits. So, when I heard there would be a chance for me to show off my Christmas light decorating skills I of course jumped all over it. I may have gone a little overboard, but it's like looking at a Christmas miracle! I have about 2,200 lights up on the balcony. It's so bright you can see it from the main road. When you come around the corner it is truly a sight to behold. Have you ever seen National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation? It's like their house in that movie in terms of shock value. The pictures don't really do it justice. I really hope I win this year!!

2 comments:

tawni said...

It looks like your balcony is about to catch fire! Hope you win!
Nate

joanie said...

So fun, i think i should suggest something like that next year where i live! Good Luck!!!