Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Success!!

SO... I think we finally found a food Maddox likes! I have been trying applesauce, bananas, rice cereal, oatmeal cereal... all to no avail. He will have none of those nasty grain things and he will not be tempted by those sugary fruits that will probably go straight to his hips. Nope! Maddox's favorite food... CARROTS.

Yes, he LOVES LOVES carrots. He ate the whole entire jar this afternoon!! I was shocked! He kept lunging forward to get more off the spoon and he actually opened his mouth when the spoon came at him instead of me waiting until he was crying with his mouth open to shove the food in or just prying his little lips open with the tip of the spoon. He liked carrots so much that he was even licking his bib clean!

Maybe my son is really a rabbit in disguise. It might explain the hair standing straight up... maybe it's hiding his rabbit ears.

Anyway... I'm always happy when people eat (especially when it's something I make -- or in this case, I feed) so I had to post this because it made my day!!

2 comments:

tawni said...

He is such a little doll. I cant wait till she can eat food. She seems like she wants to right now. So what do you do...cut back on formula or keep the same amounts of feedings? I cant wait for them to meet! He looks sooo happy to eat. Why do babies LOVE to eat? I guess the same reason it brings me so much joy :)

Suzanne's Michael said...

TA DA! How great it that find? It is healthy and such. As far as the rabbit theory goes, you may be on to something. Rabbits do not speak. Neither does Max. the ear thing seems significant too.