Friday, December 22, 2006

I left my heart in San Francisco...

When we were up in the Bay Area for Christmas, Maddox and I were very lucky to be able to go spend a little time with some old friends (old as in we've known each other a while, not old old). First we took the long three hour drive from Sonora to Oakland to visit Lauren and Nathan Kitchen and baby Karen. It was SO nice to visit with them and reminisce and learn about all the fascinating gossip (news really) and to meet Karen. Baby Karen is SO SO adorable! But, I'm a complete idiot-bonehead because I did not take a single picture while I was there... I know!! Not even of the babies together! But really, I am sad I didn't take any pictures. I think I was too overcome with the aroma of freshly baked cookies (that I consumed way too many of on the ride home in the car -- thanks Lauren!) to remember to take out my camera.

After that lovely visit, Max and I headed over to San Francisco to have some lunch with Alice, Shirley, Julie, Cuong and Nicole.

It was seriously so nice to see everyone again. I miss San Francisco so much! Max and I got there a little early and so I drove around the city a little bit. Even just driving over the bridge from the East Bay tugged at my heart strings.

Anyway, we ate at this great restaurant called Kokkari (picked by Alice -- great job). Maddox was a little fussy because he was tired, but it was a great time all the same.

Cuong has become the unofficial Max-Daddy (you'd make a great father Cuong!) and it was great to hang out with the girls again. I miss them SO SO SOOOO much!! The food was fabulous and the company even better. We will definitely have to do it again soon. Here are some more pictures from that day!

Don't they make a cute couple!

Aww... Auntie Alice

Shirley we'll work on it...

No comments: