Wednesday, November 29, 2006

In Memory of Amber Infante


My cousin's wife Amber died suddenly on Thanksgiving Day. She was only 27 years old and they had only been married a year longer than Tyler and I. I feel so horrible for my cousin. They were living in New Mexico but he is going back to CT because he has no family in NM. Here is the obituary I found on the Internet that her family must have placed. It's just such a tragedy. I have a few random not so great pictures of them from their wedding.

They aren't sure what caused her death. My dad said that that morning Anthony had taken her in to the hospital because she had a terrible headache and was short of breath. The doctors sent her home because they could find nothing wrong. Later that night she couldn't breathe so they sent her back in. She died that night at the hospital. They think it was a brain aneurysm but they are waiting for the autospy results (which takes weeks).

It happened to fast. No one knew it was coming, it's not as if she had a long illness. She was so young, too. My dad said she had just recieved her Master's in special education and was getting ready for a new job. And for it to happen on Thanksgiving... it's just so shocking. And it's not like I was particularly close to them (unfortunatly). It was just so sudden.

It's just such a horrible thing to have happen. My heart aches for my poor cousin who I'm sure believed he had met his companion for life. I can't imagine waking up each day and not seeing my sweet Tyler next to me. I can't imagine what he is going through. I hate to be so cliche, but it's times like this and things like this that force you to see how precious life is. I look at my beautiful little baby boy and my beautiful little baby sister and I am in awe of how precious and sweet and wonderful their lives are. I wish I could say that from now on I won't take a single minute of my life for granted, but I can't promise that. No one can really.

Our prayers are with you Amber and Anthony.

No comments: