Saturday, November 25, 2006

Mattie's First Thanksgiving


Well Mattie and Max both had their first Thanksgivings. Max slept through most of it and Mattie had her first tastes of Turkey and all the fixings. As you can see, she really enjoyed it.


She ate sooo much turkey I thought her little tummy was going to burst open. She's really cute and getting very sassy, too. I can't believe she's almost a year old now!! It's crazy how fast that year went. I feel like she's my baby, too, since I help take care of her so much. I love her like my own even though she's just my little baby sister. She's really smart, too. Here are a list of some of her tricks. She can:

stick out her tongue (and she means it too)
blow bubbles
snap her fingers
she knows where her nose, piggy toes, tummy, eyes and teeth are
she waves goodbye
she blows kisses
she screams and talks A LOT
she pulls herself up and walks around holding on

The list could go on and on. AND... on Thanksgiving Day she took her first real steps!! She wasn't holding on to anything and she kind of just let go and walked about three or four steps to Tyler. It was the cutest thing ever. But she only does it when she's not really thinking about it. When you try to get her to do it, she refuses. Anyway, she's getting so big and I love her and she's adorable.

As for Maddox, I didn't take a single picture of him on his first Thanksgiving. Oh well, there weren't any pictures of the pilgrims and Indians on their first Thanksgiving either. Here's one of him in his bath.

His new thing is that he LOVES to talk up a storm. He will coo and gurgle and squeal your ear off if you let him. He's getting big, too. He's been eating like a pig, it's unbelievable. I think he's ready for solid foods.

Anyway, hope everyone had a Happy Thanksgiving!!!

1 comment:

Suzanne's Michael said...

Cute text and cuter pictures. These little ones are obviously doing very well indeed. Good work!