Thursday, November 9, 2006

Connecticut... yes it's a state

So Maddox and I just returned from our 12 day trip to Connecticut. (For those of you who don't know, our whole family is back there -- my dad, grandma, aunts, uncles, cousins, etc.) We got to spend Halloween there which was awesome and we also got to see some pretty leaves. It was nice to bring the baby and show him off, too. But let me tell you something, taking a trip with a four month old by yourself makes you appreciate your husband A TON. Maddox was the biggest whiney momma's boy the whole time!! He only would let me hold him and even when I did I had to walk around and around or he'd get bored and fussy. I was going nuts.

Besides that it was nice to go. Max got to meet his great grandma, we all dressed up as witches and took pictures, my family had a seance (I did not participate because I am the biggest woos ever), we went to a haunted house on Halloween and we even ate donuts and cider. I miss the fall over there, the cool crisp weather and my family. We came back to 84 degree weather in San Diego. YIKES!!

The other bad thing is that Maddox got a cold while we were there. And his sleeping schedule got totally screwed up. So we can't even try to get him back on his night time routine until he's not sick anymore. It's been hectic to say the least.

Anyway, here are some pictures for your enjoyment! Maddox was a frog for Halloween. I have yet to get a good picture of him in his costume because he was crying every time I put him in it. I think it was too small! Max seemed to balloon up while we were there. At the doctor's yesterday they said he was 14lbs! Only about two weeks ago he was only 11lbs. He is a chub to say the least!


Maddox next to a spider web cake I made



Four generations


Little MattieWitch cooking her baby Frog


A family of witches


Little Chubby and his grandpa



2 comments:

Suzanne's Michael said...

Your trip to the East Coast sounded wonderful, cranky baby and all. Welcome home. I loved the photos. Your baby is thriving. Great work!

joanie said...

What a cute little frog, i love it!