Saturday, July 16, 2011

Date Night With Daddy and Lots of Parties

June has been a pretty crazy month for me! Well, if I'm being honest, March through June has been kind of nuts here. If I didn't have a million photo shoots (not complaining, totally LOVE that I had so many!!) I was planning parties or taking care of sick kids, or being sick myself, or being stuck at home while Tyler worked crazy hours to finish the PhD, etc etc, you get the idea.

Anyway... the month of June was party month! I planned and executed (with LOTS of help) 2 baby showers and a birthday party for Max. And as most of you know, I have a sickness when it comes to party throwing. I can't just be content with opening a bag of ruffles and store bought french onion dip (even though I LOVE that stuff) and putting out fancy colored napkins. NOPE. I have to go all out. No, I NEED to go all out. And so I did. And although it almost killed me (hmm, I wonder where Lia gets that dramatic side from) (oh, and for that matter, where Max gets his OCD detailed oriented side from) I actually loved loved loved doing it all!

IMG_5284

The first party was Lucynthia Rockwood's baby shower. I made the invites.  I think they came out really cute!

lushower2w

I had lots of help from Desirae Badger who graciously took on the crazy task of making all the food. We had the shower at my house and we decorated with white flowers and linens and plates. Everyone had to bring a package of diapers, since the gender of her baby (it's a girl) is just "baby" right now. It was lots of fun to host. I like being the hostess! But I'm a bad photographer, I only took 2 pictures!

IMG_5283

The second party was Brooke's baby shower. It was a backyard BBQ vintage rodeo theme. I made these invites, too. Cute, no?

brooke shower invite webB

brooke shower invite WEB

I would have liked to go even MORE all out for her shower but with limited funds I worked with what I had! I think it came out awesome. I hope she liked it! I planned for months -- colors, theme, invites. It all came together nicely!

100_0432_1

100_0430_1

100_0429_1

100_0428_1

100_0425_1

The third party was Max's. But I'll get to that in another post.

Anyway... the point of the post!! I'm getting there!! So for the night of Lucynthia's baby shower I told Tyler to take the kids to dinner and out somewhere and not to come back until after 8. So he did! He took them to get dinner and then planned to take them to a movie on campus. When that didn't pan out (he had the dates wrong) he decided to take them for a little jaunt around the campus to their favorite spots and then out for ice cream (see!! treat pushover!!) They kids LOVED it and were so excited to get to spend time with him.

IMG_4153 IMG_4155

IMG_4159
They had also been to the fair that morning with Danielle and she let them get their faces painted! Max's was supposed to be Batman but it looked NOTHING like it whatsoever. Max didn't seem to notice or care, he was just really excited to have Batman on his cheek.

IMG_4164

1 comment:

sally said...

what a sweet and generous and talented friend you are. :)