Friday, January 18, 2008

Eeeeeeeeeeeek!!!

WE HAVE A SQUEAK!!!! Or actually, I should call it a squeaker. We have a mouse in our house! And although that phrase rhymes beautifully, I AM SERIOUSLY GROSSED OUT!!!


Now, we are not dirty people. I vacuum like, every other day, which is a lot in my opinion (but a necessity when you have a snack toting toddler terrorizing your apartment). I clean everything daily with Clorox wipes (we must spend a small fortune in Clorox wipes, seriously). SO HOW DID WE GET A MOUSE??

For the past few days I had been hearing little scratching noises coming from the kitchen. It was hard to tell what it was. It sounded like a mouse to me, but we hear tons of noises all the time so it could have been a bird outside on the roof or by the skylight. I took everything out of our cabinets and drawers in the kitchen to make sure nothing was hiding in there. But yesterday, I was in our bedroom standing by the closet when I saw something out of the corner of my eye dart under Tyler's desk. At first I thought it was just one of those things that I see all the time (I see spots, regularly, I know, it's on my list of ailments). But then I saw it dart under our bed and I knew exactly what it was and I screamed and ran out of the room and slammed the door.

I'm not afraid of mice. If someone had a mouse pet, I might feed it a little nibble of cheese and aww over the cuteness of its little nose. But when I know it's a wild, dirty little beast from outside in the dirtiness -- I AM TOTALLY GROSSED OUT!!!

We kept the door closed all day and bought some traps and laced them with peanut butter (apparently a favorite snack of dirty rodents) but we haven't caught anything yet. I made Tyler rattle all the junk under our bed and nothing came scurrying out, so hopefully it went out the same way it came in and isn't hiding in Max's room somewhere waiting to chew his toes off. UGH!!!

6 comments:

Tiffany said...

Poor thing! If you need any help, Hyrum and I have dealt with rats before in our old apartment so if you need any help just let us know.

mariah said...

yikes!!! I kept forgetting to ask what happened to "mickey".... Hope he's long gone.

brooke said...

Um, YEAH! We just found (today!), in our storage closet, that a mouse had eaten through the moldings on the floor leaving a huge trail of wall all over. Then, as I'm writing this, Stephen JUST tells me (YEAH) that he saw the mouse TONIGHT by the vent in the living room. EWWWW!!! I'm so grossed out right now

Nancy said...

ew! i bet your squeaker isn't as cute as that picture, though.

Nancy said...

because i think that's like a pet mouse.

we had one too. we called him "jerry" because he kept outsmarting us.

Hailey, Brandon & Connor said...

the tie was a gift from brandon's mom. It is either from JC Penny or Mervyn's. CUte huh?