Sunday, April 29, 2012

The Soccer Post!

IMG_7780

IMG_9180

At long last I'm posting about Max's soccer season. Oh man... it was all the way back in September. Better late than never though!!

IMG_7775 IMG_7763

Max was on a team with 5 other kids that they all decided to name The Bumblebees (I'm guessing because of the yellow shirts; although Max was really disappointed they weren't the Lions). Four boys and two girls. I have to say that I was not all that impressed with our region of AYSO soccer. It seemed poorly organized and our coaches were two young college girls that wore really short booty shorts. And they had graduated from USC. They were nice enough but one of them quit half way through the season leaving only one coach. The practices were sort of chaotic and not a whole lot of skill was taught. I mean they played games where they had to pick the ball up with their hands. THEIR HANDS! I think my standards for soccer are a lot higher than most though. Anyway...

IMG_7783

IMG_7787

IMG_7790

100_0530

IMG_9226

Max of course loved every second of it. He was definitely the littlest on the team but in terms of endurance and ability he was right up at the top. Another boy on his team was also really good and showed a lot of natural talent as a defender but the two of them together scored LOTS of goals. I was SO proud of Max who score the first real goal for the team and for himself. And it wasn't an accident goal like some are. It was a real shot right into the net. I think in all Max scored 13 or 14 goals for the season. Check out the video below (the Shakira song is for Max who knows it was the World Cup song). The very last shot by Max's friend with an assist from Max is pretty awesome! A lot of the time it's bunch ball but sometimes beautiful things happen!

IMG_9231 IMG_9137-2

IMG_9138 IMG_9171

IMG_9147

IMG_9151
Check out those cheeks shaking from running so fast!

I can't wait for more seasons of watching Max (and soon Lia) play soccer. It's SO fun to see them excited and willing to run and play! And I'm glad we have a couple of sports lovers. It's also great to see the determination and sportsmanship in Max. He congratulated his teammates and tried to help them. Mommy goggles or not, I see a lot of potential in him!


IMG_9153

IMG_9159

IMG_9173 IMG_9174

IMG_9175

IMG_9214 IMG_9217

1 comment:

sally said...

I found myself getting exciting wheat each score!
And he does have super potential...
There's no such thing as Grammies-goggles...lol