Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Re-re-recycled Robot

IMG_2602

In honor of Earth Day Max's school sent home a family assignment to make a robot from recycled materials that we had around the house. Max designed it and I assembled it. He told me where to put the details. I think it came out GREAT!

We used two small juice cans, a larger cheese ball can, a hello panda cookie box that opened and closed for a mouth, straws, nuts, toilet paper tubes and paper. We taped it up with duct tape and glued it together with hot glue.

IMG_2601

Although, to be completely honest, this is actually the second robot. Max doesn't know because I didn't have the heart to tell him, but the first one got completely ruined because I insisted that we spray paint it with left over silver paint I had. Max really didn't want me to do it but I told him it would be really cool! Well, the paint didn't dry and we were getting close to the due date and I was panicking so one morning while the kids were at school I ran around town re-buying the things we used to make the first one (slightly against the rules, yes, but I felt SO bad)! I taped it up and assembled it before he got home and thank goodness he didn't know the difference!! Next time maybe I'll just listen to him when he says he doesn't want to do something!

1 comment:

sally said...

That is so freaking funny!
I hope I get to hear what he says when he finds out someday...