Saturday, April 21, 2012

California Reads

IMG_2583

Max participated in the California Reads program at his school this year. He's still working hard on his reading skills but him and I read a few longer books together. We read the whole "Spiderwick Chronicles" series as well as "Charlotte's Web" and a few Roald Dahl books, too. Max may be a crazy energy little boy but he will literally sit for HOURS and listen to long chapter books. On Wednesdays when he has a half day we spend about 3 hours reading together.

IMG_2567

IMG_2573

IMG_2575

IMG_2579

Because of all his awesome reading he finished the program and got a GOLD MEDAL!! He was very excited to walk up to get it (and of course I was solo because the ceremony was at 9 in the morning and had Lia to wrangle so I was only able to snap a few pictures). I'm so proud of his reading progress. He's got a ways to go but he's trying really hard and has a real desire to do it! I'm hoping this summer it will click for him.


1 comment:

sally said...

This is a fun new fact for me!
I'm so happy to hear...I knew he loved to look at books---it's fun to see that turning into a love of reading.
You and Tyler reading to him must help a ton to fuel that interest.