Friday, April 20, 2012

Official Pancaker

IMG_2563

Since our friends the Bakers moved away from us we had been craving pancakes. We used to get together with them on Sundays after church and Stephen would make the BEST pancakes!! Well, we are for sure missing that little tradition and decided we'd have to do it here without them (at least temporarily). So Tyler assumed pancake making duties and I have to say, he makes awesome ones!! The kids totally dig them, too. Max will eat 5 or 6 of them easy and Lia loves that she eat syrup.

IMG_1750

He's gotten the batter down pretty well and is now working on shapes and flipping. His progress is excellent. In fact, I'm cutting this post short so I can get him in the kitchen right now!

IMG_1753

IMG_1752

IMG_2562

IMG_2561

IMG_2557

We do miss having pancakes with the Bakers though. Soon enough we'll be back to being neighbors though!! So Stephen, get your spatula warmed up. I'm thinking flipping and/or shaping skills contest soon?

2 comments:

Andy Ballstaedt said...

Tyler made me Mickey Mouse pancakes when I was little! Love that he's expanded his artistic freedom :)

sally said...

I didn't know pancakes could be flipped like that...and those are some pretty cool animals! Impressive