Thursday, June 30, 2011

Camping Fiasco/Mother's Day/Tyler Wins Dad of the Year

Well, all intentions were good. Sadly, that wasn't enough to keep Lia's stomach in check. For Mother's Day weekend our ward graciously planned a father/kid campout to give the moms (well, some moms) a chance for a quiet night to themselves. Max was beyond excited. He LOVED camping last year. Lia kept whining that she didn't want to sleep in the dirt but was excited to go with Tyler and her brother anyway. I packed them up, we borrowed some stuff from the Bakers (well, ALL of the stuff from the Bakers, we have no camping gear; I think we'd camp more if we had the stuff) and I waved goodbye as I relished a night of watching "Practical Magic" and eating whatever I wanted for dinner and painting my toes and taking a warm bath and sleeping in a bed ALONE with no noise or husbands kicking.

IMG_4125

Well, 2am rolled around and my phone rang. I was seriously confused when I picked it up and it was Tyler saying he was pulling into the parking lot of our apartment and I needed to come unlock the door. Poor Lia had woken up and thrown up ALL OVER the inside of the tent, all over herself, all over Tyler, pretty much anything she could reach. So poor Tyler had to pack the kids back up, try to get the barf out of the tent as best he could, clean Lia off, all in the pitch dark, in the woods, in the mountains, with Max screeching for Lia to get away from him and gagging and crying that she was going to get barf on him. He woke up Nate Rockwood to ask him to fold up the tent and bring it back for him in the morning, strapped the kids in the car and drove all the way back home.

IMG_4126 IMG_4127

So much for my awesome Mother's Day weekend. So much for Max's awesome camping trip, he was pretty bummed to have to come home. Sad little Lia kept asking Tyler, "why do I always throw up like that every time??" She does throw up a lot. It's because of her acid reflux. She has completely random and unpredictable episodes of throwing up. Too bad camping night had to be one of them!

Tyler has had to deal with way more Lia barf than I have though. He seriously gets Dad of the Year for that alone (remember her throwing up on a plane all over him at Christmas time??) Anyway, we may try camping again in the future. But right now, it's safer to be near a washer and dryer for times like that.

No comments: