Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Daddy Father's Day

IMG_4149

Lia likes to call Tyler her Daddy Father. She said her favorite thing about her Daddy Father is that he has squishy cheeks that she can give lots of kisses to. Mostly she likes her daddy to hold her. All the time. And read her books, and cut her strawberries, and get her milk, and unbuckle her car seat. She's very much a daddy's girl. She pretty much could mostly care less about me being around. When she's in trouble she cries for her daddy. When he leaves in the morning she's sad for a good 5 minutes (until I let her watch "Diego"). She says she wants to marry daddy someday. When we tell her that he's already married to me, she gets very mad and says, NO, SHE will marry daddy. Then she tells me I can just be part of her "framleeee" instead.

Max likes to say "Hey Daddy??" A LOT followed by some sort of question or request. His favorite things to do with daddy: reading chapter books for hours, watching sports on TV asking a million questions to understand the game (that Tyler patiently answers), playing sports, playing outside, doing science stuff with him, going on adventures and camping. Max loves asking Tyler all sorts of science questions and thinks that Tyler is the only one who can answer them (arguing with me that there's no way I could know the answers because I'm a girl). He also loves to learn about "doctor stuff" with Tyler, too. And Tyler always knows the answers to the superhero questions.

We sure do love our Daddy Father Tyler. He's loving, patient and kind. He always makes time for the kids in his busy schedule. And they love him tons for it!

1 comment:

sally said...

I am laughing about Max...good for tyler to be so patient and to have all the answers! i didn't.