Friday, March 19, 2010

Recycle!

I really do love Max's preschool. At first, when I saw he had a male teacher I was a little weirded out. Call me old fashioned, but I just couldn't understand why a guy would want to spend all day every day with little kids. But the more I get to know Mr. Matty the more I really think he's awesome. He's patient and kind and writes cool songs for the kids to learn and sing. And I think having that male energy in the classroom is a great thing for the kids.

DSCN0575

Last month the kids were taught about recycling. Max's preschool is the first building at UCSD to be completely green and sustainable. I had no idea prior to this little concert that the kids put on to celebrate being awarded LEED Gold Certification. Pretty neat I think. (Must be why his school is so dang expensive!) Anyway, Mr. Matty wrote this song for the kids to sing and they practiced a LONG time because Max had been singing it for weeks. It was fun to watch him sing (the video is not great because there were a lot of rude moms pushing their way to the front to video their own kids. NOT cool.)



The kids also made this very cool recycling tree (with the help of his teachers). I think Max's school is great and his teachers are awesome. He's always learning new stuff and coming home and telling me all about it. It's fun to see him learn and grow that way. School is just about his most favorite thing right now and I hope it stays that way for as long as it can!

DSCN0576

DSCN0573

1 comment:

Jen said...

The Three R's!! I LOVE that song! It's on the Curious George soundtrack by Jack Johnson. LOVE IT! That's so neat that they are learning about that kind of stuff in preschool! So fun!