Saturday, October 10, 2009

Why don't my kids sit still?? Or: Our Trip to Bates Nut Farm

_MG_9446

I swear, if you can take pictures of my kids together, both looking at the camera and smiling, you are a MASTER photographer. As you can see, I'm not quite there yet.

_MG_9385
This one is okay. But you should see the ones I didn't even save... most of them were of Max choking Lia trying to get her to stay with him, or Max moving and scowling and Lia running away and NEITHER OF THEM LOOKING!!!

_MG_9290 BW _MG_9282 BW

We still had fun though! Despite not being getting a decent picture of the two of them for my Halloween cards this year. It was Lia's first time to a pumpkin patch (well, not counting when I was pregnant... do you count that?) She thought it was pretty awesome. We sat her in the middle of a pile of pumpkins and let her try to pick each one up. And she tried hard!

_MG_9307 BW

We each got a pumpkin and they are now sitting on our landing waiting to be carved. I love this time of year!! Autumn and Halloween and crisp cool weather -- oh wait, we live in San Diego, we don't get that weather here. Well, I still like it, even if I don't get to feel it!

_MG_9323

Anyway, we had a great time at the pumpkin patch this year. It was a little more hectic because we had gone to Julian that morning, but we chowed on some hot dogs and checked out the arts and crafts stands Bates had on the grass. Max was on top of the world there. He loves Halloween more than most people I know, so you can imagine how crazy happy he was there. He kept loading our wheel barrow up with all kinds of pumpkins and gourds and Indian Corn (am I still allowed to call it that or is it not PC anymore). And he loved feeding the goats they had. He thought it was the greatest thing that they would eat corn right out of his hand. He really likes animals, he's rarely afraid of them. Which is a good thing, makes me proud of him.

_MG_9402
Tyler likes to pick the funky pumpkins. I like them, too. Lots of character!

_MG_9463 BW

Danielle and the Bakers came with us, too, making it even more fun!! We had a wonderful time and can't wait to do it again next year!

_MG_9267 _MG_9275

_MG_9266

No comments: