Wednesday, October 28, 2009

What we did this morning...

Tyler took the morning off to carve pumpkins with us. Max was pretty excited about the whole thing until we told him he had to stick his hand inside and pull out the seeds and squishy guts. He was NOT having any of that. I finally convinced him to do it and he just about had a meltdown.

_MG_2828 _MG_2835

He was really excited to draw the face on his pumpkin. And I have to say, he did an amazing job! It's the first time I'd ever seen him draw a face before. He's not much of a colorer or art kind of kid. He will rarely sit down and draw stuff or use a coloring book. But he took that sharpie in his left hand and drew a perfect set of eyes, a mouth and "teeth" and said, "YAY!! JUST LIKE THAT!!!" like he was as surprised as we were that he actually did it.

_MG_2818

I cut it out the best I could, following his instructions every inch of the way, and he was pretty happy about the whole thing. Cute boy! He's so dang proud of that pumpkin.

_MG_2841

_MG_2851

Tyler carved a pretty cool pirate pumpkin. I carved one happy faced one, because honestly, in times like these everyone could use some cheer and who can't help but smile back at a pumpkin? And I carved one scary-ish looking pumpkin. Oh, and after Max saw that I had cut noses on mine he decided he wanted one, too. So he drew a circle right in the middle and I cut it out for him.

Untitled-1

I seriously love lit pumpkins. Happy Halloween!

_MG_2895

1 comment:

Kevin Seibert said...

this is sally - i love love the jackolanterns -- and max's is completely totally precious. i can't stand how cute. i'm so glad you blogged nina. can't wait to see one of costumes!