Thursday, May 21, 2009

Happy Mother's Day to me!!

I love Mother's Day. And not just because I'm a mom. But I think it's cool how we have a day to honor parents and all the stuff they do for their kids (most stuff you don't even realize until you have your own kids).

My mother's day was pretty great. Friday night Tyler took me to Coronado for Moo Time ice cream and a romantic walk on the beach. It was pretty great. For all the years we've lived in San Diego we had yet walk on the beach in the moonlight. So glad we finally did. Coronado beach behind the Hotel Del is amazing. So pretty! And it was great to just sit and talk for a few hours with Tyler, uninterrupted.

On Saturday I got flowers from Max and some toast tongs. I love toast tongs. I think every well stocked kitchen needs a pair of toast tongs.

Then on Sunday Tyler made me breakfast in bed -- his specialty -- fried eggs and toast and chocolate milk. And orange pieces in the shape of a heart. Cute! And then he gave me the best present ever -- Martha Stewart's Encyclopedia of Crafts.

I just layed in bed and opened every page. I can't wait to do ALL of the crafts! All of them! Then for dinner Danielle came over and made me an amazing salad with chicken and pecans and veggies... it was soooo good! I had a great Mother's Day!! I'm so grateful for my beautiful babies and my wonderful hubs. Although some days are tougher than others, I can't imagine a life without my kids being as happy. Thanks my sweet family!

No comments: