Friday, May 1, 2009

Family Dinners

Yes. We finally have them. Sad I know, but hey, when you have a kid who won't eat unless he's running around like a crazy man or watching a show on TV you'd do whatever it took to get him to eat, right? Well I did. But I finally took the leap and started making us all eat dinners together, at the table. It's been a stretch for me because I've had to get my act together to have dinner ready before Tyler gets home (not an easy feat with 2 kids). Anyway, I think it's going amazingly well. Max really digs all the attention he gets for the half an hour we all sit together and talk. And he's been eating his dinner, too, without a lot of fuss.

IMG_7536 IMG_7562

We also do our Family Home Evenings at the dinner table with this great little book we found with fun lessons geared towards kids. It comes with these pages that you photocopy and cut out and color so all Max has to do is pick a little card and that's the lesson we do. Max likes to do lessons every night (which gets challenging because some of them are a little over his head) but it's fun to see him so excited to learn stuff and be with us.

IMG_7511

IMG_7513

Although, I am getting a little tired of his dinner routines. When he eats something he gets stuck on it for WEEKS AND WEEKS at a time. Right now it's macaroni (either rotini or ziti). He asks for it every night. With just butter and cheese. I don't mind making it because it's pretty easy, but how about a little variety every now and then? He does still eat his veggies which I'm happy about.

IMG_7503 IMG_7493

And this is pretty girl sitting with us in her high chair. This girl can EAT. No worries about her!! She loves food!

1 comment:

Aaron said...

some great shots in there....