Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Baby Girl is Half a Year!!

IMG_0263

I can't believe how fast these six months have flown by. I think having a baby right before the major holidays makes those first few sleep deprived weeks go by so fast. And this girl is the sweetest thing ever. Tyler and I constantly joke about how we are not going to be able to say no to this girl when she gets older (daddy, I want this BMW! okay sweetheart!) This baby is wonderful (and so is her brother).

At six months she's in the 75% for height and weight coming in at a whopping 18 pounds. Yes, that is shock. We have a very chubby baby. She wears 12-18 month sized clothes and grows out of everything so fast it's crazy. We love her chubby chubby legs!

IMG_0136

She eats amazing amounts of food. A bottle for breakfast with cereal in it. A lunch of 1-2 jars of baby food (squash, sweet potatoes and green beans top the list). A bottle for an afternoon snack. Dinner of 1-2 jars of baby food. And a night time bottle before bed with cereal in it. It's not surprise why she's the chub she is! Her reflux is getting better I think. She's still on medicine for it, but we're hoping to ween her off by 9 months. She's also really loving those Gerber snack things. She can't feed herself yet, they just kind of get stuck in her fists, but she loves to be fed one after another.

IMG_0085 BW

She finally sits up, too! This is like my favorite baby accomplishment! I love that she sits up and can look around and play with toys. She laughs constantly and is always smiling. She could be crying hysterical in her bed, but as soon as she sees your face she flaps her arms and legs and squeals and smiles HUGE. It's the best. We love that she wakes up so happy! (Max still wakes up cranky, but I secretly love that he wants to just cuddle with me when he wakes up. It's the only time he lets me cuddle and hold him. It makes me think about how limited my time is with him for that).

IMG_6202

Lia is also finally sleeping through the night. We had a few weeks where she would wake up in the middle of the night and just be awake for hours. So after a few weeks of sleepless nights I had a little talk with her. I told her that if she woke up that night we would have to let her cry. And that night she slept straight through, and the next and the next. It's been a couple of weeks now and it's awesome. She wakes up maybe once for a paci but other than that she's been great. I think what has helped is that we've stopped moving her from our bedroom to the living room and just leave her in our bedroom. That means that Tyler and I sleep in the living room now on an air mattress and the couch. It's not so bad (I get my own bed!) but we're waiting to get her into Max's room.

IMG_0085

We love this sweet little addition to our family. I can't believe six months is gone. I feel like it's going way too fast and I just want her to stop! I never understood when other moms said that when I had Max. Max never wanted to be a baby. He never acted like a baby. So I couldn't wait for him to get a little older so he could truly have the independence that he wanted. I love that about Max; his independence and wit and curiosity is unmatched. I wouldn't change him for the world. He wasn't an easy baby, but he's an amazing toddler. Amelia on the other hand is a sweet little baby. She likes to cuddle and be loved and sit on your lap and play with toys and snuggle and laugh and smile. She's just as perfect as her big brother. And I'm glad they are so different because it makes it harder to compare them. And it doesn't hurt that they are both ridiculously adorable!

3 comments:

Hailey, Brandon & Connor said...

she is so cute! she looks a lot like max to me. do you think so?

mariah said...

OMG. just OMG... I love her.

Ashley said...

Those are such adorable pictures of her! What a cutie!