Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Updates

Okay people. So it went like this. I sat down on the couch. Turned on an old episode of "The Office." Glass of milk and cookie in hand. Computer on my lap. All ready to type up a million updates of our lives in the last, oh, 2 months. And then everything went blank. No, I did not pass out again, but my computer did!! Right in the middle of typing up a ridiculously cute post about Max and his obsession with vacuuming, my hard drive fried itself to death. And I lost EVERYTHING! All of my pictures (besides the ones I've uploaded onto this blog and my Flickr account) of Baby Lia are gone. All of them from the first 2 months. Not to mention all the ones of Max from the last two months. (And don't talk to me about backing up my stuff -- I'm a photographer, I get that, and I do it regularly. It just hadn't been working -- little did I know).

Anyway, it'll be some time until I can post up any updates, and most won't have pictures. But I'm going to do it anyway because the original reason for this blog was to keep track of our lives mostly for us to remember the significant and not so significant things going on. SO... be patient with me just a little longer (you too, Tony) and I'll get this thing back up and running. Seriously.

5 comments:

Tiffany said...

Same thing happened to us a few months back. Hyrum and I lost all the pictures of us together when we were dating and some pictures from the beginning of our marriage. I am so sorry that happened.

sally said...

Oh Nina that is so so sad. I feel so bad for you. Do you want any of the lame pictures (I say lame next to yours, but i'm happy with them :) )we have from your visit here and our visit there? That happened to Cory too, I think you all need to have a external hard drive backup. Yeah i have one...do i have it connected to the new computer yet...no. so i'm just as guilty.

Nathan said...

Ouch--that's a shame. I can sympathize a little; I recently had a backup plan fail, too, and it is a major disappointment.

Rachel said...

Have you tried to take the computer to see if anything can be retrieved? This happened to us about three years ago, and we took it to a computer place. For $40, they retrieved everything from the hard drive. I was so grateful! I thought it was all gone, since we couldn't even turn the computer on. It might be worth a shot...

Linn said...

I am SO sorry! That is horrible!