Thursday, February 19, 2009

The Greatest Big Brother

max wall 1

I really have to take a moment to brag about how amazing Max is with Lia. I was so worried that he was going to be uber jealous and hard to deal with when it came to her. But he is just the opposite. He is so kind to her, loving, worried about her all the time. The moment he hears her cry he lets me know and runs over and gives her a paci or a blanket or a toy he thinks might make her happy. Sometimes he even shares his own beloved wrappie with her if she's really sad. He hugs her and holds her and is gentle with her. He's protective and proud of her, too. He tells everyone that he "has a baby sister and she's sooo cute!"

Tonight was one of the cutest things ever. I was giving Lia her bath before I put her to bed and Max came in and started playing with her. She took one look at him and just cracked up! I'd never heard her laugh like this before. It made me melt. This video is the end part of it. But she was laughing so hard.





These two are going to be great friends, I can feel it. I see their connection and their bond already forming and it's amazing. Having two kids is hard, really hard. But watching them grow and learn together and grow close with each other makes it worth it. We have great kids!! And Amelia is one lucky girl to have a brother like Max.

5 comments:

Malerie said...

oh that makes me happy. I loved having protective big brothers. By the way, I LOVE her roly poly legs. Such a cutie pie!

brooke said...

That was SO cute! It took me a minute to see she was indeed laughing. Max IS such a great big brother!

Angie M said...

Hey Tyler and Nina,

I don't know if you'd remember me but I'm Angie from the Berkeley Ward. Brad is my husband. I think Brad was your home teacher or something like that.... I remember baking cookies with ya Nina. Your kids are so cute! Congratulations! We have a little girl-3 yrs and a little boy-4 months. Anywhooo, we are living down in San Diego right now. Glad to see things are going great for you. I found your blog through nunners.

Angie M.

Aaron said...

love the video. and great pic of max nina. love the striking blue eyes and shallow depth.

mariah said...

oh man that's hilarious! Sadie was sitting on my lap watching the video and she started cracking up and goes "aw Max, you're so cute!"- killin me!