Monday, May 21, 2012

Sweet Strawberries

When I was in second grade my girl friends and I started a singing group called The Sweet Strawberries. We had all decided that was our favorite food, so, logically, we had to name our group after that. We remixed classic songs like "How Much Is That Doggie In The Window" and "Valentine Valentine" on my friend's little pink keyboard. We recorded ourselves, too. I wish I had a tape player to listen to us! Oh man, good times!

IMG_2882

I think I passed that love for strawberries down to Lia. The very first time we took her strawberry picking she was 4 months old and we eventually had to stop letting her eat them so she wouldn't get sick. She ate more than anyone! Now, years later, she still gets beyond excited when we go strawberry picking! And this year was no exception! Even Max took a few nibbles this year.

IMG_2877

IMG_2873

IMG_2874

IMG_2875

IMG_2876

IMG_2878

These strawberries were SO good! Super sweet and really ripe. I cut them all up when we got home. I learned from my mistake of just letting them sit and snacking on them slowly. They really only last about 2 days before they start to go bad because they are so very ripe.

IMG_2880

IMG_2884

1 comment:

Jen said...

My kids love strawberries like that! Especially James! He used to eat them green out of our backyard, he loved them so much! (And I'd love to hear a copy of those recordings too.... I bet it was just adorable!)