Wednesday, May 30, 2012

International Festival!

For the most part I found the excessive lack of English speaking parents and children at Max's school to be more on the annoying and inconvenient side of things. I'm not racist. It was just difficult to form relationships with other parents and their kids because most nationalities tended to group themselves together tightly. I don't blame them. I would do the same in a foreign country, too.

Doyle holds an annual festival to celebrate its diversity and this was actually kind of cool! They had different classes perform international dances, booths set up to represent every country that had a student and Food Trucks (of course this was my favorite part).

IMG_5029

Max's class and Mrs. Radmerski's class had an American 60's dance. They danced to a few Beach Boys songs and sang, too. It was really cute. I'm not sure how cultured it is compared to the Japanese Lotus Flower Dance or the class that did an exciting number to Jai Ho, but it was cute nonetheless.

IMG_5033 

IMG_5061

IMG_5054

IMG_5049 IMG_5046

Max takes his performances very seriously. It was hard to catch a smile. Every once in a while he'd look at me and crack a TINY little smile. But mostly he just took every move very seriously. Cute kid!

IMG_5092

IMG_5089 IMG_5085

And my favorite series of photos of him I think ever. SO SO cute how he's dancing with his eyes closed, haha!

IMG_5034 IMG_5035

IMG_5036 IMG_5037

IMG_5038

Also, this was the night he started to run a fever that eventually led to him having pneumonia. He came home from school feeling awful and fell asleep. His fever went down and he had been working SO hard for weeks and weeks I didn't want him to miss the show. So we went and when he was done and we got home he totally crashed and was sick for days and days, poor thing.

No comments: