Monday, May 28, 2012

Solar Eclipse

I really enjoy participating in group things that are history making. Like the Obama election. I voted for him because I wanted to be a part of history. Not really because of my political views. And really, don't make assumptions about my political views -- I'm 100% positive you have absolutely no clue what I really think on most things and I like it that way. One thing I hate more than anything else in the world, more than childbirth, is arguing about political views.

ANYWAY... you are all probably aware that we had a solar eclipse! And this kind only happens once every 100 years or something like that. Obviously I didn't read that much into it. But I DID make sure we watched as much as we could of it from our balcony and I DID rig a janky, but totally effective, eclipse viewing apparatus out of a cardboard box.

IMG_2986

IMG_2981

Unfortunately the San Diego cloud cover had other plans and shortly after I took that photo completely obliterated the sun (unlike the moon -- haha -- that was a joke!) so we had to watch most of it on the internet. But I feel good that we participated in a world wide event! I guess if I had a bucket list I could cross that off.


2 comments:

Your Pal, Al said...

I hope you didn't eat that entire box of deep dish pizzas on your own.

Jen said...

Lucky! I didn't even know about it until it was over! Sad! :(