Sunday, August 14, 2011

Woah...

Max came up to me one morning and in his usually inquisitively toned voice said, "Mama, I want to try some cereal (pause) with MILK." I almost fell on the floor in utter shock.

If you know Max you will know that he eats nothing that is over wet or with sauce. He'll have cereal for breakfast, but with a cup of milk instead of the milk in the bowl. He won't eat mac and cheese or pasta with sauce or pizza or pretty much anything that is associated with kids' food go-to foods. He has MAJOR food aversions and will rarely try something new.

IMG_1504

You know how I got him to eat a peanut butter sandwich when he was 2??? I convinced him that peanut butter sandwiches were his FAVORITE thing to eat and that he ate them ALL the time. I went on and on about it. And finally, he took a bite. Then another. Now he eats one every.single.day for lunch.

Anyway... on this day he wanted cereal. With milk. So I poured him a bowl of cheerios. Added the milk, to which he said, "Wait a minute... I'm a little confused..." and I quickly interrupted with, "YOU WILL LOVE THIS!!"

He did like it. He ate half the bowl. And hasn't asked for cereal with milk since. I am considering it progress. If you lived in the world of Max and food that we live in, you would, too.

1 comment:

sally said...

i am so amused