Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Grammie and Papa's

I like how my sister-in-law likes to refer to grammie and papa's house as "The Resort." It really kind of is. They have a pool, lots of different and fun toys, parks, a boat, lots of snacks, fresh blackberries to pick, cute little dogs to play with... it's the perfect place for grandkids to have fun!

As the boredom of summer continued (bored mostly because I'm kind of a lame mom) we decided to go visit Tyler's parents for a few days. Tyler couldn't go with us because of his crazy third year work schedule so the kids and I braved the 8+ hour drive ourselves. They did AWESOME!! We didn't have to put a movie on until after we made it through the Grapevine on the way there. And on the way home we didn't put one on until after Bakersfield. They were true road trip champs! No tears or whining.

IMG_7747 IMG_7746

We had a great time once we got there, too! Swimming in the pool, going to a park, riding a little train and getting to feed some farm animals at Cover's Apple Ranch. Usually when we go to Tyler's parents house we don't do much but hang out at their house. Which is fun! But this time we got to do a few fun things we don't normally do, too.

IMG_7714

IMG_7711 BW

IMG_7701

IMG_7690 BW

IMG_7664

100_0496

Kevin took the boat out for us which was a special treat! I'm not much of a water sports kind of person so I felt kind of bad that he went to all the trouble of getting it out just to drive it around for a little while. But the kids had a BLAST!! Max was SO excited he got to drive the boat and go tubing with Sally. Seriously they still talk about how much fun the boat was!

100_0506

100_0502

100_0493

100_0491

The kids had a great time picking blackberries from the bushes in the backyard, too. There were TONS of berries. Lia went crazy. Max didn't really eat any (of course) but he loved picking them. He actually DID try strawberries (ones we picked in the yard) and decided he liked them and now he eats them! It's a miracle!

IMG_7719

We had a great time and honestly wished we could have stayed a little longer. Even I got spoiled! Sally and Kevin let me pick movies to watch and they made me dinner and I just got to relax and enjoy!

Thanks for letting us come so last minute! We had a lot of fun!

2 comments:

Jen said...

You are so lucky to have such good in-laws! So many people I know have good ones, I'm honestly a little jealous. I'm never go visit mine without Jeff. I'd rather shoot myself. It's sad, because Jeff feels the same way and they are his family! So we don't go visit very often. I love that picture of Lia's berry-stained hands! So cute!

sally said...

oh my gosh it was so much fun...you are so so welcome to come visit anytime and we will try to do some more spoiling!

THANK YOU for driving here --YOU did great! :)