Sunday, April 5, 2009

Wildflowers Drive

On Saturday Tyler and I decided we would take a little drive to Julian to see the wildflowers. Yeah. I guess we were a little early because we didn't see many flowers. We did have a good time, though. Lia slept the whole way out and Max had fun looking at the horses and searching the hills for Jaguars.

IMG_5398

IMG_5408

We stopped at Dudley's for some yummy bread and Max was in awe of the motorcycles parked outside. We brought his "motorcycle" with us so he could ride around. He seriously thought he was on a real motorcycle. He got right next to the real thing and turned the "key" on his own motorcycle and took off down the parking lot. It was so funny. We have no idea how he knows you have to turn a key on a motorcycle except that maybe he remembers my dad's motorcycle. Either way, this kid has a motorcycle obsession (yes, I am worried about him turning 16).

IMG_5409

We stopped in a few other places to take pretty pictures. Tyler was a little more careful because he recently threw out his back and is still hobbling around a lot.

IMG_5433

We stopped in this one really pretty wooded place with this pretty bench carved out of a tree trunk. Max and I ran down the path a little and I heard a rustling up the hill from us. Naturally I looked up and almost had a heart attack when I saw a pair of furry eyes staring back at us. I kid you not -- a mountain lion was about 100 yards up the hill staring at us, head bowed low. I grabbed Max's hand and dragged him back down the path and jumped in the car. I think we were pretty lucky the thing didn't chase us.

IMG_5482

IMG_5486

IMG_5496

For lunch we stopped at Mom's Apple Pie Shop. This place has THE BEST chicken and dumplings. I got an apple turn-over, too. So yummy! And this is when Lia became obsessed with a pickle. Silly girl!

IMG_5518

IMG_5520

We finally found some flowers on our way back and I stopped to take some pictures of Max. He's not the best poser. I have about a million pictures of the back of his head. But he picked me a bouquet and was pretty proud of it.

IMG_5561

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

Those are some adorable pictures. I love going to Julian. If you ever need a weekend getaway I highly recommend this bed and breakfast in Julian that Hyrum and I went to. It is awesome!

Kevin Seibert said...

Nina I love the pictures you take of your kids. I worry about this one though. Those look like California Golden Poppies. It is illegal to pick them.*

*ask Tyler