Sunday, April 26, 2009

Roommate Reunion Extravaganza!!

This weekend my old roomies from college came down for a visit. I had a lot of fun eating a LOT of food and just relaxing. And Max had a great time with Owice and Jewwie (Alice and Julie). He was a little sad when they left. I should have taken more pictures, and of course I didn't, but I did take pictures of our dinner one night!

Steamed dungeness crab, grilled oysters (best.thing.ever!) with a lemmon butter sauce, citrus salad with avocado, grilled garlic bread (that I burned but still turned out fabulous)... I mean check out this spread!

IMG_7415

IMG_7396 IMG_7403

IMG_7389

IMG_7411 IMG_7406IMG_7394

We did a little Costco shopping with Alice's brother who goes to UCSD. And commented on how much they look like each other the older they get. We ate at Hash House on Saturday morning and met Cuong there, too. Stopped by to see the kids so Max could say hi to Cuong and play. This morning Max asked me where "that kid who played football with me" went. I assume he meant Cuong. Max got a lot of cool presents -- a foam rocket launcher and a Cal basketball hoop that he won't stop playing with. He even learned how to launch rockets at people's faces! Thanks Alice and Kevin!

IMG_7418 IMG_7420

IMG_7436 IMG_7427

IMG_7439

We went to this awesome dumpling place called Dumpling Inn. So good. Seriously. I'm going back. And we had hour long massages at The Hidden Spa in OB. The massages were awesome, even though they did this weird twisty butt thing. Then we got pedicures. Makes us sound like total girls. We even went to Extraordinary Desserts, which was good, not necessarily extraordinary, but really yummy. And we ate at Pacifica Del Mar for some fancy seafood. It was pretty good, although I did not enjoy the odd taste of BBQ grill on my mini gnocchis. The fish was cooked perfectly, though.

It was a really fun weekend! I got to hang out with some of my bestest friends for a weekend without any kids to worry about (thanks Tyler!!) and eat great food and reminisce and just relax. I also love the fact that my friends love to eat good food. It's probably the glue that holds us together -- our love of food. Alice and Julie are especially handy because they are always trying new restaurants and foods and passing along the info. They are always up for trying new stuff and experimenting with new tastes. Anyway... we have a good time together and I wish I lived closer to all these guys so we could hang out more! Oh well... thanks for a great weekend guys!! And for putting up with my kids waking you up at the crack of dawn

2 comments:

Alice said...

I'll assume this is a sincere post and you really did have fun.

Lindsay said...

your dinner spread looks awesome. i wish i had been your roommate. (also, i too am a fan of dumpling inn).