Thursday, April 23, 2009

Five Months Already??

Can you believe it? Honestly I can't. She's already five months old! Our little Lia is the sweetest baby in the world. She is still the happiest thing on Earth when she wakes up in the morning and from her naps. She just smiles and smiles at you -- those big open mouthed smiles just like Max used to do! She rolls ALL over the place. You leave her at one end of a room and in minutes she's at the other end.

IMG_7385

She's getting so big! She weighs over 16 pounds now. She's so chubby that she wears 9 and 12 month sized clothes! I have to keep buying new stuff because she grows out of everything so quickly. I'm so used to Max never outgrowing anything that I have to relearn how to buy baby clothes. We love her fat chubbiness.

She takes her naps in her swing and does an AWESOME job. She takes a three hour morning nap and I usually have to wake her up. And a two hour afternoon nap and I usually have to wake her up from that one, too! Her night-times could be a little better. She only wakes up once and sometimes not at all, but Max at this age was sleeping 12 hours through the night. I just don't have the heart to let her cry it out because she's such a little sweetie! We're getting there though.

She eats like a horsey! She loves baby food (I, on the other hand, hate it -- stupid goopy messiness). Her favorites are sweet potatoes and fruits. She goes to town on them and I think she prefers them over her bottle and will sometimes hold out for them (refuse an afternoon bottle and wait for her real food). I can't wait until this girl starts eating table food!

Her eyes are still bluer than blue just like Max's. Her hair is still growing, slowly. She's got a nice tuft on top but the sides and back are still lacking!

IMG_6202

She loves to bounce in her jumperoo and loves to play with us. She's almost sitting up on her own and she wants desperately to crawl. She tries so hard! She's almost getting it.

Lia is so so happy all the time. She really only fusses when she wants something - a nap, food, attention or hugs. She loves to grab faces and talk to her toys. She falls right asleep in the car and loves the stroller. She likes to go on walks and be outside. She loves the beach. She loves to talk and blow raspberries. She laughs when you laugh at her and is just so happy and easy going. I'm so SO grateful that she is easy going! She loves to stare at Max and watch what he does. She looks at him with such awe and fascination. It's awesome. We love her! And we can't believe she's 5 months old!

4 comments:

brooke said...

Best dressed baby girl! Oh how I love Lia...let me count the ways....(sigh). XO to Lia.

Malerie said...

She is absolutely adorable. I love that picture. You have such gorgeous kids! I'm so glad she's a good baby.

Angie M said...

Hey Nina!

So sorry it's taken me so long to get in touch with you! Lia is so cute. Our little guy, Luke, is turning 7 months this week. It really does go by so fast! Anyway, we need to get together. We are probably about 15 mins away from guys. We spent Easter saturday at The Cove too! It's beautiful. Seriously, we need to hang out. I think our kids would get along great!

Tiffany said...

she is beautiful. I really love that blue dress that you have for her!