Sunday, October 12, 2008

Very Pregnant Me

I'm feeling this pregnancy now. I'm 34 weeks now and seriously getting huge. Everything has really been going great so far. Besides the regular aches and pains we've only had one little scare. I went to my appointment and was told I was VERY anemic. (If numbers mean anything to you I apparently went from a 12 to a 7). Anyway, I had to be on bed rest for 2 days and pound as much iron rich food as possible and take a liquid supplement that tastes HORRIBLE. I did get it back up from a 7 to a 9 in two days which was REALLY good because if I hadn't done that I would have had to have a blood transfusion.

Anyway, here's the one and only picture of me that you will see of my tummy. It's huge. It's scary. Don't scream.

Photobucket

Something else I learned recently about my last pregnancy has led us to decide to do a scheduled c-section with this one. There's more to add to Max's birth story than I had known. My records from Kaiser were finally sent over to my new OB's office and my midwife filled me on a few details I had been missing. Apparently my heart rate had dropped so low during labor and pushing that at any point during the whole ordeal I could have gone into cardiac arrest. She told me that she is shocked they let me labor and push for as long as they did. She also said that he never even got low enough for me to start pushing leading her to believe my pelvis is slightly tilted so as not to allow a baby through. She told me my success rate for this second birth because of my histroy would be about 10% for a normal birth. Hence, the c-section. SO, our little girl will probably make her arrival on either November 20th or 21st. We haven't scheduled it yet, but those are the dates they want us to think about. I'm relieved and a little scared about the whole thing. But It has to be better than the last time.

Anyway, that's my update. Everything is normal and progressing well. She's measureing a little small, but no one is concerned, seeing as how we are all small in this family. We just can't wait until she comes! I'm finally getting excited and anxious to meet her!

2 comments:

mariah said...

i like this self portrait stuff.. It reminds me of a certain time when you said I could do a maternity session...hmmmm. next week

Jen said...

You are so cute pregnant! I really mean it! I wish I could schedule our baby's birth! But I don't have any reason to need a c-section so... We're hoping he comes the week of Thanksgiving (2 weeks early) b/c Jeff has the whole week off school. That would be SO convenient. If that happens, our babies would be a week apart! So cool! In any case they wouldn't be more than 2.5 weeks apart anyway. Too bad we aren't closer!