Thursday, October 30, 2008

Cooking Part II

So I thought I would revisit cooking with Max. This time was not as successful. He's just too distracted by other stuff AND hates to get his hands dirty. So it was kind of a disaster. I thought we could decorate Halloween cookies together. I made some sugar cookies and got out the frosting and decorations. Max started to decorate but kept getting so upset about his hands being dirty. It was driving me nuts and him nuts and eventually I just stopped the whole thing. Maybe next year... or Christmas time... we'll see...

Photobucket

But here are his results. Not bad for being a lot whiny about the whole thing!

Photobucket

And he enjoyed eating the cookies that didn't get decorated. Of course he wouldn't touch the ones that were. Oh well...

Photobucket

1 comment:

Rachel said...

I had a similar experience this year with Clara. We went to decorate cookies with my cousin and her two little girls, and Clara just wanted to eat the candy corns meant for decorating. When her cookie was finally decorated, she wouldn't touch it, and then she ate two undecorated cookies. Oh well. I guess I shouldn't complain about her not eating a cookie with frosting and candy all over it!

By the way--congratulations on having less than two weeks to go until your due date! I hadn't seen your blog for awhile. Time always flies when you're not the one who's pregnant... :)