Monday, October 13, 2008

Pinewood Derby

A few weeks ago Tyler signed us up to participate in the pinewood derby at church. I had never done a pinewood derby before, but I sure did have fun coming up with an idea and making the car. I wanted it to be unique so this is what we came up with:

Photobucket

A surfer and a wave. Unfortunately, our car didn't even make it to the end of the track. I don't think it was heavy enough. But Max loves the car and had a blast racing it. He wanted to race it over and over again but there were so many cars that he got a little upset when his only got to go down once.

I guess we'll have to build him his own, and by "we" I mean Tyler.

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

SWEET car. i especially love the polka dots on the board shorts. nice touch.
i was glad that my car wasn't the only one that didn't make it the whole way down the track. so glad your car was there to help represent all of us artistically dedicated people who weren't so concerned about aerodynamics or weight.