Friday, July 4, 2008

Happy Fourth of July!!

Photobucket

We had a really fun Fourth of July this year. And although I terribly miss spending them in New England, we spent the afternoon with our neighbors (and friends) and saw the fireworks... it was a really great time.

Photobucket

Tyler even got the day off!! We had a BBQ pot-luck with our neighbors and let the kids play together on the jungle gym. My sister came by with her boyfriend and had some food, too.

Photobucket

Tyler and I debated all day whether we should take Max to the fireworks that night and we ultimately decided to do it on the grounds that he loved them last year. Unfortunately this year he kinda got freaked out. He never cried, but he refused to look at them and just held us tight around our necks. The only time he looked was during the finale when I told him the fireworks were going bye-bye. He turned to wave emphatically and then turned right back around. I don't think it was the sound that freaked him out, I think it was that he couldn't quite figure out what they were. Anyway, it was sad because ALL DAY he ran around saying "Go fireworks!! Go fireworks!!" Poor little guy.

Photobucket

We still had a great day. And I just love living in this country. God bless America!! Seriously.

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

What a cute fourth of July outfit!