Monday, July 28, 2008

To Grandmother's House We Went

We had a blast in Connecticut visiting my family. We say EVERYONE since everyone lives there now. It was great to see Mattie, too. I sure did miss her. And I finally got to see my parents' new house. It's so cute. Tyler pretty much fell in love with the New England style houses (all so different and unique). Maybe we'll end up there eventually (who knows, right?)

Photobucket

The plane ride there could have been worse -- we could have crashed or blown up or something. I really believe Max does the best that he can do, but it's still horrid to be stuck on a plane with him for that long. The ride back was even worse since the first flight was 5 1/2 hours. And he had to get up at the crack of dawn -- no fun at all.

Photobucket

Max absolutely loved being around my mom and Mattie again. You could tell he missed them like crazy. He loved their house with the stairs and play kitchen stuff and tons of toys. The first night we were there was kind of rough. His sound machine turned itself off and he woke up. Getting him back to bed took hours. We honestly didn't know what to do because he usually just falls asleep on his own. We couldn't let him just cry because he'd wake Mattie and everyone else up. So Tyler had to stay in his room until he fell asleep. Like, for hours.

Photobucket

The day after we got there was Max's real birthday! So we celebrated with some presents and cake for him. And later we went to a little concert in the park near my mom's house. It was really fun, Max and Mattie loved running through all the roses and grass. My dad and Margaret even came to meet us and my grandma, Aunt Angela and cousin Tami were there, too.

Photobucket

Tyler and I got Max a doctor's kit for his birthday. He loved it, but not as much as Mattie did.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Max also really loved reading books with my step-dad, his Da. Aren't they cute??

Photobucket

Anyway, we had a really great trip visiting everyone. We miss them all and can't wait to see them again soon.

(More posts to come about our trip!)

No comments: