Saturday, July 12, 2008

Yippee!! It's a...

GIRL!!! That's right. The next member of the San Diego Seibert clan will be a sweet little baby girl. So, commonly asked questions at this point:

Q: Are you excited?
A: Duh. Yes. We would have been excited either way, boy or girl. We would not have been excited if, say, the baby had two heads or no kidneys.

Q: Is the baby healthy?
A: As far as an ultrasound can tell, she is happy and healthy and has only one head, two kidneys, one bladder and all the right limbs in all the right places.

Q: How do you feel?
A: I'm feeling great. This pregnancy has been a breeze -- seriously. Explanation to follow.

Q: Does Max know what's going on?
A: No. Not really. He knows there's "a baby in momma's tummy" but we're pretty sure that means absolutely nothing to him. Although he does sing the baby songs and pats my tummy.

Photobucket

Okay, so don't get creeped out by the ultrasound picture. It's not a very good one as far as these things go. BUT -- she's smiling!! Isn't that adorable? (Yes, ignore the eerie looking skeleton face and concentrate on the cute little smile). This was the only picture we got from the ultrasound, no profile shot or anything. Oh well... I'm still loving it (I understand most people probably don't care).

So... honestly, I feel really really spoiled. I seem to be getting everything I've ever wanted. Slowly, but still, I'm getting it. Now that we're having a girl I feel like everything is balanced and turning out just as I had always planned. Apparently that was God's plan, too. Things just seem to be falling into place for me lately. I probably shouldn't use the world spoiled -- I guess I've just been extremely blessed.

As far as the pregnancy is going I really can't complain. Compared to Max this pregnancy is awesome. I only felt sick for like a week (with Max it was the whole time) and I have lots of energy. I barely feel pregnant at all actually except that I'm getting huge and I can feel a baby in there now. Maybe the pregnancies are indicative of the personalities of my babies (Max=hard pregnancy, hard baby) (little girl=easy pregnancy, easy baby). We shall see. I won't get my hopes up. But honestly, I feel great. Except for this nagging sinus infection (if anyone ever offers you Erythromycin as an antibiotic run away screaming and never.look.back.) that will hopefully clear up soon, I'm loving life. I'm getting sentimental about Max not being my only baby anymore. That makes me emotional at times. But I do know from experience that things will just kind of work themselves out so I'm not too worried about juggling it all.

Oh, and a big THANK YOU to those of you who kept thinking pink for me!! Although I'd like to say it had something to do with you guys, I guess I have to give all the credit to Tyler. But still, your thoughts meant a lot.

Yay for baby girls!! (And big brothers -- go Maddox!)

8 comments:

Tiffany said...

Congrats! It is really exciting!

Malerie said...

I'm glad this pregnancy is going well. So many people say their 2nd baby is just a peach. I bet she will be. Enjoy being pregnant and enjoy being with Max one on one. Yay for girls...I may be biased, but they're the best. But I want a boy next. ( we my have to discuss tactics later for getting what you want) :)

Lani said...

Congrats Nina!!! I'm so excited for you, I know you really wanted a girl... that's great!

megan said...

I'm so excited you are having a girl! Girls are SO much fun. Congrats! That is perfect a boy and a girl! Max is so adorable, I love all your pictures of him.

Molly said...

For once I guessed it right! Yay for girls! We needed a girl Seibert cousin :). I'm SO SO excited for you guys! It's so much fun doing all the girly stuff :)

Linn said...

Congratulations! We are thrilled for you guys!

mariah said...

OMG I just realized I never made a comment on this post!!!!

YAYAYAYAYAYAY!!!! Baby girl!!! Auntie Mariah has a lot of cute stuff coming your way! Love and love and love!

Kelly Jensen said...

Congrats! I am so happy for you. PERFECT! and btw, darling post about Tyler! So sweet