Saturday, August 18, 2007

I so work for Qualcomm... honestly...

Okay, so I don't. But that didn't stop us from going to their company picnic! Thanks to Nick and Monique for getting us tickets (Nick being the one who actually works there) we all (Mark and Mariah and the Littles) got to hang out for the afternoon at UCSD for the Qualcomm company picnic. They had super good barbeque, pony rides, giant inflatable slides, a petting zoo, games and fireworks. It was a lot of fun.

Max chowed on watermelon, one of his favorites...

And then proceeded to run amok with the baby animals in the petting zoo. Tyler and I had never seen Maddox so excited before. He was screaming and laughing and running all over the place petting the chickens and the pigs and the bunnies. It was so adorable.

And although a cranky, irritable and tantrum throwing toddler would have deterred even the strongest of parents, we stuck it out until 8 o'clock when the fireworks promptly started. And it was SOO worth it. Not just because fireworks are just so beautiful and cool, or that it had been years since I'd actually seen any, but Max's reaction was priceless and the moment we shared together melted my heart.

HE ACTUALLY SAT ON MY LAP!! FOR MORE THAN 30 SECONDS!!

This probably deserves a post all it's own, and maybe in the future I will write one, but Max is so busy and active that he never ever just sits on my lap and cuddles. It's hard on me a lot of the time. And some of you may think that I am exaggerating and I promise I am not. But last night, he was mesmerized by the fireworks and sat on my lap just staring up at the sky and occasionally pointing at the extra bright ones. It was wonderful to be able to hold my baby on my lap while he didn't wiggle or squirm or cry. It's a moment I won't forget.

So thanks Qualcomm, thank you Mr. Jacobs, and thank you Nick for a great company picnic.

1 comment:

The Del Pegos said...

I am glad that you guys had fun, we wish that we could have been there, Joaquin would have liked it a lot more than moving! We miss you guys already, we are trying to get our house in order which is a slow slow task with two kids. Hopefully we will see you soon. Oh and Max look adorable sitting on your lap!