Saturday, April 7, 2007

Whew!!

So I guess I'm long over-due for an update!! Alas... no new pictures since my camera is still at my mom's house. But I can give you a little update on our family!

Max now crawls normal. And fast. And everywhere!! He gets his little chubbiness all over our apartment and my mom's house and outside and the park and probably the grocery store and Target if I let him!

He also pulls up on everything he can get his fat little sausage hands on. It's so cute. He cruises on the couch and all the furniture and loves to pull stuff off any surface onto the floor (that is by far my favorite new trick -- my favorite part being cleaning up the broken stuff -- yeah, fun!).

The biggest revelation in a while has been that this kid has one of the biggest sweet tooth's I have ever seen. As a treat the other day I let him suck on a dried piece of mango. I wish I got this on video, because the look on his face was hilariously adorable!! He squished up his little eyes and had this big smile on his face and rocked back and forth and did his little squealy thing. He loved it SOOOO much!! Mostly because it is covered in sugar. He loves KIX cereal! Any kind of sweet fruit thing. I'm scared. I try not to give him any of that stuff, but sometimes I can't help myself. No, that's not true. Sometimes he's whining so horribly and acting so cranky that I just give in and give him a snack. Am I setting up my son to establish poor eating habits? Emotional eating? Unhealthy eating? Well -- so be it. Sometimes a person can only handle so much high-pitched ear-splitting whining. We'll fix the eating thing later.



Anyway, he's also had goldfish crackers (the baby sized ones) and he loves those too. I bought this little snack cup that has a rubber top where he can stick his hand in to get out a snack but it won't spill all over the place. But, of course, Max being the tricky clever little boy that he is, had his snack dumped all over the place in minutes with the super-special no-spill lid still intact on top of the cup. Go figure. It works for the most part, though.

He also takes his naps in his crib now! That was a huge thing and something I had been dreading. When Tyler was on spring break we took the swings to the used baby store and got $40 for them. I figured if they weren't in the house I would have to use his crib. The first day he only slept for half an hour. But the next day he was back to normal. He doesn't sleep as long as consistently, but it's much better than being on the back of his head for hours. He sleeps on his tummy which helps with the plagio a lot.



We had our first session of CST (I'll explain that in another post). I think it's working and I was actually skeptical. Well, not so much skeptical as I was unsure of what would happen. I definitely wasn't expecting to see such a change so quickly. I don't think his head will ever be perfect, but I think it will be okay enough that no one will really notice.

He's getting big and chubby and fun and cute and much easier to deal with during the day. I think his new found mobility kind of perked him up to loving life, instead of just making sure he ate and slept and whined enough to let me know it.

Enjoy the videos!!

No comments: