Saturday, April 14, 2007

Mama's Boy (aka My Secret Obsession)

So tonight was a hard night for my little boy. Nothing major happened, he just had a more difficult than usual time falling asleep. Usually he screams himself (and by scream I do not mean cry, I mean little screams at the top of his lungs) or talks himself or chews his blanket to sleep. But tonight he kind of had a melt down so I sent Tyler in to try and quiet him, make sure he wasn't wrapped up in the corner in his blanket and to see if he wanted the rest of his bottle. He was fine except for the sobbing part. That's when it's my turn. And I have to admit -- I LOVE IT when it's my turn!! I absolutely adore, cherish and find it deliciously addicting when my baby wants only my shoulder to rest his head. I melt with motherly delight when I pick up my sweet baby and his sobs quickly dissipate to sniffs as he rests his sweet-smelling little head on my shoulder. When it's only momma that he wants I am in maternal heaven. When only I can calm my baby's storms before he lays his little head down to sleep I truly feel like a mother, like this is what we (Max and I) were meant for. I love my boy. I love being his mommy. I guess you can say I have a scrumptiously lovely obsession (that I don't plan to give up any time soon)!!

1 comment:

Ariel said...

I too, love that MOM aka me, is the only one who can make it better :)And mine is three :)