Monday, April 30, 2007

9 Month Check-Up!!

So Max is getting so old... well, technically not that old relative to like turtles or something, but for being my baby, he's getting pretty old. He is 9 months already! Time flies. Tyler and I agree that Maddox is just beginning to get really fun. He loves spending time with us and his personality is totally coming out now. He's hilarious!! One thing we can tell so far is that this kid is going to be STUBBORN!! When you tell him 'no' he cries like we've just killed him. And he totally understands what it means, too. He's a climber. He climbs on EVERYTHING. He loves loves LOVES snacks, especially little baby cheddar goldfish. He's getting more picky about his food. He wants to eat everything on our plates. He likes to watch morning cartoons on PBS. And he's decided he will no longer take a bottle from Tyler at night. He's getting harder to put to sleep, too. I hope it's just a phase. And no teeth yet!


Anyway, that's a little update. He's still not walking on his own yet all that much. Every once in a while when he sees something he really wants he'll let go of the couch or chair and walk over to it. Other than that he prefers to crawl. He's so cute, when he sees something that might hurt his knees to crawl on, he stands up on all fours and kind of walks over it on his hands and feet with his butt in the air. SO CUTE!!


We took him for his 9mo check-up and he is doing great. The only thing of concern is that apparently he's very VERY small. He's not even in the 10th% for height and weight. And he had dropped two growth curves since the last visit. The doctor wasn't sure if he just switched to this new growth curve or if something more serious is going on. I tried to tell the Doctor that Tyler and I are very small people (not "little people") and that we didn't expect much from our kids. He didn't really seem to pay attention to that though. I'm not worried. He eats fine, plays fine, acts fine -- I think that means he's fine.

OH, and he points now! When he sees something that he likes or wants or is just excited about he points at it. It's so cute to see his chubby little finger point out his favorite toy or a birdie outside in a tree.

And the other day Tyler called to say hi and he wanted to say hi to Max so I put the phone by his ear and he got this HUGE smile on his face and looked up at me and said "Dada?" Now, he probably was just babbling, but still, it totally seemed like he was telling me or asking me if it was dada. It was adorable!

We love our little monkey A LOT. We wish you could all see him as much as we do! Sometimes he does these cute little things and I want to capture it all on film so that I can share it with everyone and then I think, hey, I'm the mom, I put up with all of everything, I'm allowed to have secret moments only I know about with my baby. Right? I think so.

1 comment:

lauren said...

He's getting so big! Don't worry about the teeth. Karen still has only three and she's close to 14 months.