Monday, February 12, 2007

Screechy Cough McFakerson

So Maddox has this new thing he likes to do. It's called the "fake cough". He coughs as loud as he possibly can to the point where it sounds like he is coughing and screaming at the same time like he is about to die. At first it was cute, then it became kind of funny. And now it is embarrassing.

We were in Target and Max decided to bust out his screechy pterodactyl voice. He then decided to kick it up a notch by adding the super loud cough at the end. Well, it was so loud and so screechy and so really fake sounding that this old lady was like, "Honey, I think your baby is choking on something!" And I didn't really know what to say. I mean, should I tell the lady that my baby is just a loud little ham and and make her feel bad for pipping up (and I'm not even going to mention the fact that people should mind their own business), or should I say thank you and pretend to pull an imaginary dime out of his throat. I think I just smiled as my face reddened and said "thank you".

My interpretation of the screech and cough is that he just wants attention. Mattie did this for a while, not as loud or obnoxiously as Max of course, because of course my baby is the loudest and most obnoxious of them all. But I love him anyway.

Here is a video showcasing his new-found sounds. This video does not really do it justice. It's mostly screeching which is quite impressive on it's own as it reaches decibles that only dogs can hear. (And I apologize ahead of time for the shaky camera movements and loud "boos" in the background).

1 comment:

tawni said...

Oh my gosh, Sofia does the same thing with a smile on her face. She thinks she is a big girl cause she can cough like mom. Arent they so funny?