Sunday, February 25, 2007

Daddy Time

Maddox loves LOVES his dad. I swear he likes Tyler more than me most of the time. When Tyler comes home Maddox goes from being this fussy little crazy man to this cute, smiley, adorable little lovey-boy. It's completely unfair. You might want to tell me that I should be happy he loves his daddy so much. But really I'm just annoyed. I am the one who feeds him and changes his diaper and rocks him to sleep all day long. I am the one who comforts and holds and bounces him all day long. So why does Daddy get the smiles and giggles when he gets home and all I get stuck with is a slobbery, stinky, fussy-pants? Is it because Mommy means business and Daddy means fun? I play with him. I take him for walks. What, that's not fun? Maybe it's one of those parenting mysteries that will never ever be solved.

Anywhoo... here are some activities Maddox enjoys with Tyler. (Take note of the HUGE grins and dry tear-less face).

Max enjoys shoulder rides from Tyler.
He especially likes the feeling of Tyler's short hair.


One of Max's favorite things about the morning is getting to shave with Tyler. Tyler pretends to shave Max's face and Max watches Tyler intently as he shaves his own face. It's adorable. He gets SO excited when he hears the razor buzzing.


Even dressing up in CAL gear with Daddy makes Maddox
smile from ear to ear.

I guess I am glad that Tyler is such an amazingly attentive, fun and loving father. If he wasn't those things Max would probably cry when he saw him. (Don't get any ideas about me being a horribly cruel mom and that is why Max cries. He's just a fussy-pants during the day).

2 comments:

tawni said...

Nate just looked at this and says "Gosh, Tyler is a better dad then I am, huh." Way to make Nate feel guilty over here! You know Nate...always in Nate world. Tyler, you really are a good dad. You balance everything perfectly.

Suzanne's Michael said...

It is not that you are less loved I am sure. It may be just that he is the exotic addition while you are the foundation of his reality. He is certainly cute and happy! Bien hecho!!