Saturday, February 17, 2007

He Sits Up!

Nothing makes a mother prouder than when her baby reaches each and every milestone of his growing years. First it's opening his eyes. Then smiling. Then rolling over. Then sleeping through the night (for some, this comes much much MUCH later).


Then there is sitting up! Let me tell you, this milestone, above all others, is the one I love the best. (Let me remind some of you that I have a 14 month old sister so I've seen 'em all up till now). And yes, MY BABY SITS UP!! WOO HOO!! Sitting up means I can stop worrying about his poor little flat head all the time. It means we can play with a ball and roll it back and forth. It means he can look at things and play with toys and grab his feet and just do cute sitting-up-baby things. I don't know why I'm so happy about this one. I think maybe it's because when babies sit up I think they look more like real rolly polly babies. Their tummies hang over their diapers, the legs pudge out, and they wave their arms around and it's so stinkin' cute!

So anyway, congratulations to my sittin' up baby boy! I'm a very proud mama.

Oh, and he's also begun to scoot (almost crawl) ALL over the place. He gets all over the place now by scooting his little feet and pulling with his arms. He gets up on his knees and rocks and stuff, but no crawling yet; any day now. His favorite thing as of late is to play with power cords. If you have any suggestions as to stop that fun little game, please, I'm all ears (or eyes if you want to leave a comment).

2 comments:

tawni said...

Awe...you must be so happy. I cant wait till Sofia can sit up and her bald spot can finally start filling in. He is so adorable and happy. Did you do anything to help him learn to sit up? Sofia is sooooo far away from knowing what to do!

Lois said...

Hi Nina and Tyler,

Aren't babies the most fun and he has the best of wardrobes.Go Bears! Kevin said they are coming down next week and he is excited about seeing Max. I am anxious to see him but the blog is great! Love, GreatGrandma Seibert