Friday, February 23, 2007

Out On the Town

So Tyler and I went on our first REAL date since Maddox was born (he's 7 months old now). There was one attempt when Max was really young and Tyler's mom was staying with us and we basically got our food to go, didn't eat it and came home and went to sleep. Then about a month ago we had this stupid dinner at Tyler's professor's house where there was an incident with me and shoes and no socks and it was so lame I will NOT consider that a date -- more like a complete waste of my life.

Tuesday night was different though. It was really nice to go out with Tyler for a few hours. Tyler surprised me on Valentine's Day with reservations to The Melting Pot. We didn't go out that night because we were busy, but he made them for Tuesday night. I was SOO excited... I LOVE FONDUE!!! It's so fun to just dip little bits of things in stuff and eat it off a stick... love it!! Anyway, he even lined up a babysitter to come watch Max. (He asked his good friend Sarah from the lab).

So I got all dolled up (which isn't much, not to say that I don't need it, I just don't do much) and put on shoes that were a size too small and Tyler put on some nice pants and we headed out. We made sure the baby was sleeping first, of course. I'm not quite ready to leave him awake with someone.

First we went to Roy's for appetizers. It was SOOO yummy!!! Then we headed out for some fondue. We got there and of course, even with a reservation, they made us wait. Typical Southern California. Anyway, we sat down and within five minutes (I kid you not) of the waiter bringing us our chocolate and dippers plate, we had finished the whole thing. The waiter came back to ask how we were doing and we were done and he was like, "WOAH, you guys ate that fast!!" It was a little embarrassing, but we honestly didn't care.

We were home by 9:30, early I know, but we're parents and we were tired. Needless to say we had a lot of fun just talking about grown-up things and spending some alone time. It was weird though, I missed the baby and wished he was with us. As much as it was nice to go out with Tyler and as much as we really needed it, I still love it when we do things as a family, the three of us, together. I love our little threesome.

But Tyler is a sweetie for taking me out and surprising me and setting it all up. Alone time is definitely pretty sweet.

No comments: