Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Our Little Sunbeam!

IMG_9896

I can't believe that Lia is a Sunbeam now. For those that don't know (or remember from when Max turned 3), Sunbeams is the first year of Primary at our church. Primary is basically the Sunday school program for kids 12 and under (or is it 11 and under?) They start at age 3 (so whoever is 3 on January first of that year) and goes on up. Max is now in CTR5 and our little Lia is a Sunbeam!! She's on the younger end of her class but so far she's doing alright. It's so hard for those little kids to sit still for the last 2 hours of church. About halfway through the year they start to kind of understand what is supposed to be going on, not that they aren't learning anything the first half of the year. They soak up SO much!! (I was a Sunbeam teacher for over 2 years and this year just got my first CTR6 class -- 2 well-behaved 6 year old boys is SUCH a nice change!!)

IMG_9864

Anyway, something about when your kid goes to Primary just makes them feel so much more grown up. And also, this dress is about the cutest thing I've EVER seen. I'm kicking myself for not buying it in the next size, too, because now I can't find it!! Oh well.

IMG_9853

4 comments:

Jen said...

Oh she's so stinking cute!

Malerie said...

She is darling! And I love her dress. Madeline is a new sunbeam too - on the way older end. Darn January birthday made her miss the cutoff by a few days. But you're right, there is something special to see them sitting in primary!

Andrea said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE that dress too. I tried to find one in my little girl's size, but alas, no luck. So jealous! Absolutely adorable! What a cute girl.

Molly said...

so cute! our babies are sunbeams! she looks darling, isn't that dress target? super cute, i should try and find it for jordy