Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Second Christmas at Grammie and Papa's

While I continued on to San Diego, Tyler took the kids up to his parents' house for a few days. I had some photography commitments I had to be home for so Tyler braved it alone with the kids for a while. Well, not alone. His mom is a HUGE help!!  And he got to go snowboarding for the day, too.

IMG_4034

The kids had a blast with their cousins for a few days and then spent some quality time with Grammie and Papa who spoiled them with lots and lots of presents and treats and fun.

IMG_4038

IMG_4023

Tyler also earned Dad of the Year. When we split up in Las Vegas after our 6 hour flight from Connecticut, Tyler got on a plane to San Jose while I went to San Diego. While on the plane to San Jose, Lia decided it was a good time to throw up ALL over Tyler's lap about 10 minutes after take off. Lia was pretty sick for a while and just wasn't her happy little self while she was at Grammie and Papa's. She's doing 100% better and is making up for the days of not eating by eating non-stop all day long. She was so sick she lost 4lbs just from throwing up and not eating! Poor thing. She's much better now though. And luckily, no one else really got sick!

The kids love going to Grammie and Papa's. They were sad to leave but happy to come home after being away from their own beds for 2 weeks. And I was missing my family after 4 days of being alone! Crazy, yes. I did enjoy my time alone, but I honestly missed those crazy kids! And Tyler!

IMG_4029

IMG_4000

Thanks for taking such good care of my little family Grammie and Papa!

Some of the view from when Tyler went snowboarding. He says it was the coldest it's ever been -- 18 degrees!

IMG_4005

IMG_4002

2 comments:

The Del Pegos said...

Poor Tyler, I can't imagine sitting in puke for a whole flight...

The Del Pegos said...

Oh and I just told NIck the store and he is horrified...he just keeps saying "that is the worst..."